B.A. in Geography
· Course descriptions in the undergraduate catalog.
· Current course offerings can be found on the Time Table of Classes
If interested in majoring in the B.A. Geography but not quite sure, consider taking one (or more) of these entry-level courses that are all required in the major and minor.
· GEOG 1004 – Introduction to Human Geography (CLE and Pathways credit approved)
· GEOG 1014 – World Regions (CLE and Pathways credit approved)
· GEOG 1104 – Introduction to Physical Geography
Here is a suggested four-year course plan for the B.A. in Geography.
Field Experience Requirement
Students must register for and earn 3 credits of a required field experience to graduate. The field typically includes a minimum of 150 hours and can be satisfied in the following ways:
1. Study Abroad
2. Undergraduate Research (GEOG 4994)
3. Field Study (i.e. Internship) (GEOG 2964 of GEOG 4964)
More details on the field experience requirement are available here.
For more information contact:
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Department of Geography
108 Major Williams Hall
Phone: (540) 231-6886