B.S. in Meteorology
· Course descriptions in the undergraduate catalog.
· Current course offerings can be found on the Time Table of Classes
If interested in majoring in the B.S. Meteorology but not quite sure, consider taking one (or more) of these entry-level courses that are all required in the major.
· GEOG 1504 – Survey of Meteorology (1 credit, introduces career options)
· GEOG 1514 – Introduction to Meteorology (3 credits)
· GEOG 2505 – Weather Analysis I
· GEOG 2506 – Weather Analysis II
Here is a suggested four-year course plan for the B.S. in Meteorology.
Field Experience Requirement
Students must register for and earn 3 credits of a required field experience to graduate. The field typically includes a minimum of 150 hours and can be satisfied in the following ways:
1. Study Abroad
2. Undergraduate Research (MTRG 4994)
3. Field Study (i.e. Internship) (MTRG 2964 or MTRG 4964)
More details on the field experience requirement are available here.
For more information contact:
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Department of Geography
108 Major Williams Hall
Phone: (540) 231-6886