Charles M. Good
- Medical and Health Geography
- Health concerns of refugees and other immigrants
- Community-based approaches to reducing STDs and HIV/AIDS
- Ethnomedical systems
- 2004. The Steamer Parish: the Rise and Fall of Missionary Medicine on an African Frontier. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- "Cultural and Medical Geography: Evolution, Convergence, and Innovation." In Cultural Encounters with the Environment. A. Murphy & D. Johnson (Eds.), Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield (2000), 219-238.
- "The Power of the State" (with L. Baer) in R. Gordon et al., Alternative Therapies: Expanding Options in Health Care (New York: Springer, 1998), 45-66.
- "Mobilizing Traditional Healers to Prevent STDs and Combat the Spread of HIV/AIDS in Tanzania," for USAID (235pp report), 1997
Grants and Awards:
- "'Moving In, Staying Well': How New Immigrants Negotiate and Experience Place and Health in America." Arts and Sciences Millennium grant, 2000 ($37,800)