Department of Geography History
- 1970: First Geography faculty hired at Virginia Tech.
- 1972: Proposal for a new Geography undergraduate degree to be housed in Political Science.
- 1975: Gained departmental status as the Department of Geography under founding chair Dr. Charles Good and launched the B.A. in Geography.
- 1977: Launch of M.S. in Geography.
- 2004: Department moved from the dissolved College of Arts and Sciences to the College of Natural Resources (renamed College of Natural Resources and Environment in 2010)..
- 2006: Launch of the Ph.D. in Geospatial and Environmental Analysis (GEA Ph.D.).
- 2012: Launch of the B.S. in Meteorology.
- 2019: Move from Major Williams Hall to Wallace Hall
- Present: 20 faculty, 250 undergraduate majors, ~20 M.S. students, ~ 15 Ph.D. students.