Joseph L. Scarpaci
Latin American Studies
- 2009. Scarpaci J.L. and A. Portela. Cuban Landscapes. New York: Guilford Press.
- 2008. Scarpaci, J.L., Aguilar, A., Escamilla, I. Middle American Cities, In Geography of World Cities, Stanley Brunn et al., Eds., New York: Prentice Hall.
- 2007. Scarpaci, J.L. Globalization Tourists and Heritage Tourists in American Culture: The Case of Latin American Historic Districts. Material Culture Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 1-16.
- 2007. Scarpaci, J.L. Comment: GIS and Remotely-sensed Research on Habana Vieja and Jardines del Rey. In J. Pérez-López, Ed., Cuba in Transition Vol. 16. Washington, D.C.: Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy, pp. 234-236.
- 2007. Scarpaci, J.L. and Biles, J. Globalization and Latin American Geography: Linking Scales of Analysis. Journal of Latin American Geography, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 7-10.
- 2007. Scarpaci, J. L. Photojournal: Cuba, in Focus on Geography, Vol. 50, No. 3, 17-23, The American Geographical Society, Washington, D.C.
Grants and Awards:
- Virginia Social Science Association Geographer-Scholar of 2008
- Center for Latin American Studies, Advisory Board, University of Florida, 2008-2010.
- Regional Editor, Library of Congress, Latin American Handbook, 2008-2010.
- Vice-chair, Latin American Specialty Group, Association of American Geographers (elected), 2008-2011